Concrete finishers smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures, using handtools or power tools, including floats, trowels, and screeds. May signal concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete. Moves discharge chute of truck to direct concrete into forms. Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms, using rake or shovel. Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping. Smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screed. Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish. Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound. Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge. May produce rough concrete surface, using broom. May mix cement, using hoe or concrete mixing machine. May assist in subgrade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate electrical/air-powered hand tools within manufacturer’s regulation guidelines
- Provide personal hand tools
- Operate hand tools within manufacturer’s regulation guidelines
- Maintain all hand tools in clean condition
- Notify Superintendent/Foreman of electrical/air-powered operability issues
- Perform all additional duties that may be assigned
CONCRETE FINISHER REQUIREMENTS
This position may be required to operate various electrical/air-powered hand tools and regular hand tools as necessary to complete tasks.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives overall direction from Superintendent/Foreman. Exercises no supervisory responsibilities.
Position requires the knowledge of: Occupation hazards and standard safety precautions necessary in the workplace. Operating principles of all hand tools.
Position requires the ability to:
- Receive work direction
- Communicate effectively with those contacted in the course of work
- Follow written and verbal instructions. Read, interpret, and work from basic and routine sketches, blueprints, specifications, and construction drawings
- Perform manual labor such as digging or shoveling
- Move objects weighing up to 100 pounds regularly
- Safely and efficiently operate and use associated tools and equipment
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment
- Operate two-way radio
Position Experience and Education: Any combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying.
Experience – Preferred three (3) years experience in concrete form work which demonstrates possession of the knowledge and abilities listed above.
Education – High school graduation is desirable
Position license or certificate: Valid North Carolina Class “C” driver’s license.
Position working conditions: Communication orally. Coordinate the movement of more than one limb simultaneously when operating hand tools. Walk over rough, uneven, or slippery surfaces. May be assigned to work shifts that include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays and may be called back for emergency work. Experience work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
Call 850.916.4559 or email email@example.com to inquire.