Blue Arbor is currently seeking a Broadcast Technician in the Greenville, NC area. Position is Long Term, Temp only, with a minimum of 40 hours/week, some Overtime and Shift work.
- Minimum Associates Degree with 12 semester hours in engineering physical sciences or mathematics with at least 6 semester hours in electronics.
- Minimum 4 years experience (as described below) or 1 year specialized experience working in operations and servicing high powered radio broadcasting equipment and ancillary systems.
- Must have the simultaneous mental and physical coordination to work on delicate and fragile instruments and electronic components.
- Ability to work in cramped and awkward positions including, but not limited to, stooping, bending, lifting, and climbing ladders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work some weekends, OT, and any shift
Required Experience Details:
- Candidates must have knowledge and experience related to radio broadcasting operations and equipment. Experience with these operations related directly to commercial and/or military applications involving the transmission/propagation of modulated audio information (AM/FM) within the AM, FM, Shortwave, or TV radio spectrum.
- Operations and repair experience with transmitters of radio frequency output of at least 5000 watts required.
- Experience must include work as a technician, instructor, inspector, or electronics mechanic that indicates progression in theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic theory and characteristics, function, operations and capabilities of variety of electronic equipment types.
- This experience must include the use of schematic diagrams, a variety of test equipment and application of appropriate electronic formulas involved in such duties as testing, troubleshooting, modifying, designing, calibration, installing, maintaining, repairing, constructing, developing and instructing on electronic equipment.
- Work requires visual, aural, and mental alertness to detect and resolve potential equipment problems.
Compensation: $20.00+/hr, DOE