Blue Arbor is seeking a Water Quality Technician for a local client in Pensacola, FL. Position will work on the Perdido Key Dune Restoration Project to restore six miles of degraded dune habitat. Hours are variable, 20 hours/week.
This position will work with the Natural Resources Management staff, Florida Department of Environmental Protection staff, and sub-contractor to assist in the acquisition of licenses, maintaining a database of license status, and assisting in providing public information. Additional tasks include acting as liaison between property owner(s) and the sub-contractor, making sure agreements are followed, and conducting site monitoring during planting and monitoring vegetation establishment post-construction.
Duties (may include, but are not limited to):
- Coordinating planting activities with the County’s sub-contractor and property owners
- Maintain easement agreement database
- Responds to inquires and concerns from interested parties related to the project
- Monitors planting activity
- Monitors post-construction planting success
- Additional duties/tasks may be assigned by the Coastal Programs Manager as needed
- Operating a client vehicle may be necessary to complete certain job duties
- Must pass MVR and pre-employment screenings
Compensation: $11.25 – $14.06, DOE